Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Registered User

Exclamation Advixe for my tomato plant

hi all i have grown 3 tomoto plants from seeds and on each one their leaves grow then they go brown and crusty what causes this and how can i prevent it?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Advixe for my tomato plant

In article ,
Rickjb39 wrote:

hi all i have grown 3 tomoto plants from seeds and on each one their
leaves grow then they go brown and crusty what causes this and how can
i prevent it?

Rickjb39, I'm having the same problem, for the first time. I think it
is called leaf curl and it it transmitted by an insect. I'm hoping it
isn't in the ground and that next year, with wider spacing between my
tomatoes and green beans, the problem will go away.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered User

leaf curl is proberly right because the leaves curl downwards before they die. i have my plants growing in a pot in the dining room window ledge so i think your safe to say they arn't int he ground, do you know what type of bug spray or replent i could buy to stop this problem?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:38:25 +0100, Rickjb39
wrote:

hi all i have grown 3 tomoto plants from seeds and on each one their
leaves grow then they go brown and crusty what causes this and how can
i prevent it?

See if there is anything at this location that will help.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

If there is nothing there that helps, you might try a local nursery or
agricultural college.
--
Susan N.