Old 07-11-2007, 05:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Congress Set To Override Bush Water Veto

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3445945.shtml

In this bill are funds to build new locks on the upper Mississippi and
Illinois rivers. These are to aid in shipping larger amounts of corn and
soy. As I understand it, these funds will only benefit Archer Daniels
Midlands and Cargill (socialize the cost and privatize the profits) and
not the farmers. Can anyone shed any additional light on this situation?

Obviously, anything to help New Orleans is warranted but the ethnic
cleansing of New Orleans, that is now in progress, is repugnant to
anyone with a social conscience. Strengthen the levees, and let the
inhabitants of the lower Ninth Ward return to their homes.

I know I am only addressing New Orleans and there is an entire sea board
there that is in trouble and needs help, not condos.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.
Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Yes, fix the wetlands mankind broke.

People who live adjacent or near a body of water take the much higher chance
of annihilation, injury, and so forth to people and property. Why would
anyone who favors supporting and caring of peoples, support such a bill?
Sounds demonic to me.

--
Dave
Profound is we're here due to a chance arrangement

Old 07-11-2007, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Dioclese wrote:
Yes, fix the wetlands mankind broke.

People who live adjacent or near a body of water take the much higher chance
of annihilation, injury, and so forth to people and property. Why would
anyone who favors supporting and caring of peoples, support such a bill?
Sounds demonic to me.

One of Al Gores inconvenient lies was to talk about increased seacoast
storm damage as evidence of global warming. Could it be the dramatic
increase in dwellings on the coast?

The 9th ward is in a 100 year flood plane. Construction would not be
allowed here. They should just preserve as parkland.

Frank