Old 28-11-2007, 06:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Finding community garden space

KarenCannoli wrote:
"doofy" wrote in message

More good ideas. Thanks beau coup.

Did you try Milpitas? Or a general "Alameda County" search?
There are many in SJ but that does you no good. It would be
a good idea for someone to start a gardening program for the
elderly who have yards they cannot maintain and who have no
help in that area.

I'm trying to start one in my town, but that will take a while. I've
got an opening for one in San Jose. I might take it for the time being.
I'm just trying to teach myself right now. 20 miles one way though.

I've called a local church to see if they want to sponsor it, and have
called the city, and am looking at other options.

There are a LOT of them in San Jose.
Old 28-11-2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"doofy" wrote in message

I'm trying to start one in my town, but that will take a while. I've got an opening
for one in San Jose. I might take it for the time being. I'm just trying to teach
myself right now. 20 miles one way though.

I've called a local church to see if they want to sponsor it, and have called the
city, and am looking at other options.

There are a LOT of them in San Jose.

I would be interested in seeing how it works for you. Which SJ location did you
choose?

Old 29-11-2007, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

KarenCannoli wrote:
"doofy" wrote in message

I'm trying to start one in my town, but that will take a while. I've got an opening
for one in San Jose. I might take it for the time being. I'm just trying to teach
myself right now. 20 miles one way though.

I've called a local church to see if they want to sponsor it, and have called the
city, and am looking at other options.

There are a LOT of them in San Jose.

I would be interested in seeing how it works for you. Which SJ location did you
choose?

Mayfair???? Kammerer and Sunset. There is a huge oak on the lot, and I
want to make sure the available plot isn't in shade most of the day.