Old 09-02-2008, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Progress report

I transplanted my Granex onions to a larger container this week. They
are 2 to 3 inches tall.

Today I started seeds for Green Giant and De Cicco broccoli and
Copenhagen Market Early cabbage. Tomorrow I plan to start Ruby Ball
Hybrid cabbage, Bonilla shallots, and Salad Red onions. About the
middle of the month I will start leaf lettuce, chard, broccoli rabe
and beets.

My husband did the first till on the area where I will plant most of
the above items. Just about ready to go.

--
Susan N.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:04:50 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

I transplanted my Granex onions to a larger container this week. They
are 2 to 3 inches tall.

Today I started seeds for Green Giant and De Cicco broccoli and
Copenhagen Market Early cabbage. Tomorrow I plan to start Ruby Ball
Hybrid cabbage, Bonilla shallots, and Salad Red onions. About the
middle of the month I will start leaf lettuce, chard, broccoli rabe
and beets.

My husband did the first till on the area where I will plant most of
the above items. Just about ready to go.

You are obviously in a warmer area than me.
We still have a foot of snow on the ground and Environment Canada is
calling for more, along with high winds and wind chill temperature of
minus 29º C.

Ross
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b
Google Earth:
43º 17' 26.75" North
80º 13' 29.46" West
To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.