Old 17-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Registered User

Location: West Wales
Default Pesto Perpetuo

Is the form of Basil -'Pesot Perpetuo' - a perrennial as the name implies?

If so, would it need frost protection ~ ie: in a sheltered,frost free place,or maybe protected by fleece or would it need overwintering under glass or even overwintering indoors?

All suggestions/information gratefully received.
I've "googled" but haven't found out much more than in can grow up to 4' !
Old 17-06-2008, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
toptaff wrote:

Is the form of Basil -'Pesot Perpetuo' - a perrennial as the name
implies?

If so, would it need frost protection ~ ie: in a sheltered,frost free
place,or maybe protected by fleece or would it need overwintering under
glass or even overwintering indoors?

All suggestions/information gratefully received.
I've "googled" but haven't found out much more than in can grow up to
4' !

If you can duplicate the sun and climate of the Antilles or the
Seychells, you have a chance. Otherwise, it is just another
annual with larger than normal leaves for a basil.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 17-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptaff View Post
Is the form of Basil -'Pesot Perpetuo' - a perrennial as the name implies?

If so, would it need frost protection ~ ie: in a sheltered,frost free place,or maybe protected by fleece or would it need overwintering under glass or even overwintering indoors?

All suggestions/information gratefully received.
I've "googled" but haven't found out much more than in can grow up to 4' !
Ocimum x citriodorum "Pesto Perpetuo"

It is what is known oxymoronically as a short-lived perennial. It is not frost hardy, so would have to be given full winter protection.
Old 17-06-2008, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:07:59 +0100, beccabunga
wrote:

toptaff;798758 Wrote:
Is the form of Basil -'Pesot Perpetuo' - a perrennial as the name
implies?

If so, would it need frost protection ~ ie: in a sheltered,frost free
place,or maybe protected by fleece or would it need overwintering under
glass or even overwintering indoors?

All suggestions/information gratefully received.
I've "googled" but haven't found out much more than in can grow up to
4' !

Ocimum x citriodorum "Pesto Perpetuo"

It is what is known oxymoronically as a short-lived perennial. It is
not frost hardy, so would have to be given full winter protection.

Lots of annuals would be perennial if your climate is warm enough.