Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered User

Default Autumn Bliss Raspberries fruiting in June?!

I'm new to growing fruit this year and decided to buy some Autumn Bliss raspberry canes in January.

I planted them in great big pots in the winter and by June, they were fruiting small amounts of raspberries. They look very healthy and happy etc

Not complaining in the slightest but I thought they weren't meant to fruit until August?

Do you think they were a wrongly labelled variety or have I just been very lucky to get an early harvest?

I can see lots of new fruit forming on the tops of the plants now. Whereas the early fruit was all quite low down.

Thanks in advance for any answers!