Old 19-11-2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default A garden success

The weather has been unseasonably warm but that doesn't help me
much since I'm on the north side of a hill and the Sun doesn't get above
the tree line now. Still, I get a few tomatoes from time to time (mostly
cherry).

Chagrined at maiming my zucchini with coffee grounds, I still got my
supply of summer squash from a plant variously called Climbing
Zucchini,Tromboncino, Trombocino, Zucchetta Rampicante, or Italian
Trombone Squash 'Tromba d'Albenga' (Cucurbita moschata)
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/Hor...901752_491.jpg

The flavor is like a mild artichoke, to my taste, and the seeds are
only found in the bulbous end. It started producing for me in June and
there are still small ones developing which I could eat now or wait for
possible further growth. It grows on a trellis and doesn't take much
space. I've grown it for two years and plan to make it a permanent
fixture in my garden.

Does anyone have other success stories to tell?
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars
Old 19-11-2008, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

[...]

Hmmm ....

The weather has been unseasonably cold, 31 degrees - snow flurries, but
that doesn't help me much since I'm on the north side of the United
States and the Sun doesn't shine much now, it is dark now at 5pm. Still,
I get a few tomatoes from time to time at the produce store (mostly
cherry).

As for gardening success stories to tell. I find it odd that my roses
are still in bloom. The flowers are staying closed. I plan on cutting
them tomorrow and putting them in vases. I hope they open up.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.