Old 13-02-2009, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Path Edging

"Ed" wrote ...
I want to put a path down the centre of my allotment and contain it within
a wooden framework.

I am thinking of using long lengths of gravel boards, on either side of
the path, that are 6" x 1" and screwing these onto 2ft 6" stakes that I
will hammer into the ground. Is this a good way to go?

The stakes are 2" x 2" and I am thinking of cutting the ends to a 45
degree angle so as to ease them into the ground when I hammer them in. Is
this good or would a shallower angle be better?

We laid a path down the centre of ours, rabbit fences make side paths a
pain, and used old (London type) paving slabs which we got cheap from a
reclamation place. Very heavy but movable with two doing the job, a sack
trolley helps too. Wear strong gloves. The firm we used delivered them to
the allotment free.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Path Edging Ed Gardening 15 13-02-2009 06:20 PM
Path Edging Bob Hobden United Kingdom 0 13-02-2009 06:20 PM
Path Edging Ed Edible Gardening 5 11-02-2009 10:12 PM
Path Edging Ed United Kingdom 5 11-02-2009 10:12 PM
Edging a path Broadback United Kingdom 11 08-06-2007 09:21 AM