Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-12-2009, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Monsanto

sometime in the recent past Suzanne D. posted this:

"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Since GMOs don't produce larger or healthier crops, the above is a
reminder of why we should be growing heirloom crops (open pollinated).

I had toyed with heirlooms for a few years, but since finding this NG
and all the info you guys have presented, I am no longer buying ANY
seeds from anything other than organic companies that provide
open-pollinated varieties and promote sustainability. I'd rather pay a
dollar more for each seed packet than contribute to Monsanto's plan.
Thanks to everyone here who has provided the info to open my eyes over
the past year.
--S.

Another reason to try saving your own is when your supplier for one reason
or another can't get seed in a given year. I use Fedco in Maine and it's
been 3 seasons they've been trying to Lutz Green Leaf beets back in stock.

I think I'm getting a bucket of silica gel and try freezing some of next
year's excess seed from suppliers & my garden. Good luck.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3