Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Greenhouse heating question

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:02:47 -0500, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,
Wildbilly wrote:

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Wildbilly wrote:

Use a layer of rocks on the floor to hold heat from the daytime sun.
This isn't rocket science.

That being the case then water would be the heat sink of choice
because nothing holds heat better than water.

Nothing? Really?

LOL!

Picky are we? OK, one thing is better at holding heat, ammonia.

A search for R-values via

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_(insulation)

Seems related.

Bill who noticed that a wet hand is very much colder than a dry one.

and confuses conduction with evaporation.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Wildbilly wrote:

one thing is better at holding heat, ammonia.

I assume we're talking about specific heat?
Is the ammonia allowed a phase change?

Sheesh, I'm gonna have to start carrying my roll of taped up dimes
again, when I wander into the garden. I'd say that the group had spring
fever, but I know it isn't spring.

Sure, let the ammonia have a dang phase change. Make it plasma if you
like. Don't be timid now. Where are you going with this? Is there a
planet circling a star in Andromeda, where if one knows where to look,
there is this substance under a rock, that makes water #3? (In specific
heat that is, not like ice #9.)
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:02:47 -0500, Bill who putters
wrote:
In article
,
Wildbilly wrote:

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Wildbilly wrote:

Use a layer of rocks on the floor to hold heat from the daytime sun.
This isn't rocket science.

That being the case then water would be the heat sink of choice
because nothing holds heat better than water.

Nothing? Really?

LOL!

Picky are we? OK, one thing is better at holding heat, ammonia.

A search for R-values via

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_(insulation)

Seems related.

Bill who noticed that a wet hand is very much colder than a dry one.

and confuses conduction with evaporation.

What leads you to that flange-headed opinion? Uh, if I may ask?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:26:44 -0800, Wildbilly wrote:
In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:02:47 -0500, Bill who putters
wrote:
In article
,
Wildbilly wrote:

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Wildbilly wrote:

Use a layer of rocks on the floor to hold heat from the daytime sun.
This isn't rocket science.

That being the case then water would be the heat sink of choice
because nothing holds heat better than water.

Nothing? Really?

LOL!

Picky are we? OK, one thing is better at holding heat, ammonia.

A search for R-values via

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_(insulation)

Seems related.

Bill who noticed that a wet hand is very much colder than a dry one.

and confuses conduction with evaporation.

What leads you to that flange-headed opinion? Uh, if I may ask?

look up evaporation. Look up conduction. Try to learn the difference.
Another hint: R only refers to one.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

AZ Nomad wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:02:47 -0500, Bill who putters

wrote:
In article
,
Wildbilly wrote:

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Wildbilly wrote:

Use a layer of rocks on the floor to hold heat from the daytime
sun.
This isn't rocket science.

That being the case then water would be the heat sink of choice
because nothing holds heat better than water.

Nothing? Really?

LOL!

Picky are we? OK, one thing is better at holding heat, ammonia.

A search for R-values via

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_(insulation)

Seems related.

Bill who noticed that a wet hand is very much colder than a dry one.

and confuses conduction with evaporation.

What leads you to that flange-headed opinion? Uh, if I may ask?

look up evaporation. Look up conduction. Try to learn the difference.
Another hint: R only refers to one.

Presumptuous and derisive, therefore, you must be a poser. Well, good
luck with that, flange-head.