Old 30-05-2010, 04:58 AM
Registered User

Smile edible berry on tree

Hi,
I saw a tree in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia with purplish red berries on it. The berries themselves looked quite a bit like blue berries (except for the colour). This was however a 25+ft tree. I bit into one of the berries and it was quite sweet, had a cluster of 10 or so little seeds inside of it. Anyone know what it might be?

The berries were in bunches of 10 or so and were about the size and shape of marbles.

for some reason I'm having trouble uploading a photo I took of it. Happy to email to anyone who is willing to have a look.

cheers
Old 31-05-2010, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default edible berry on tree

In article ,
says...

Yep, I think that's it. Thanks much.

A quick lookup suggests its available from UK nurseries.

Edible berry? Jossy Edible Gardening 1 04-07-2010 02:16 PM
Color not edible #2 - Color not edible.jpg (1/1) William Wagner[_2_] Garden Photos 0 30-06-2007 05:30 PM
winter berry plant ev United Kingdom 0 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Birds love the Saskatoon berry Dr. Sweeny Orchids 4 11-03-2003 11:21 PM