Old 15-06-2010, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default GARDENING/ CONTAINER GARDENS

I AM GROWING BUTTERNUT SQUASH, TOMATOES, AND BROCCOLI MY SQUASH IS
SMALL AS WELL AS MY TOMATOES. THE BROCCOLI IS JUST STARTING TO FORM
THE FLOWERS. JERRY
Old 15-06-2010, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
GERALD RIES wrote:

I AM GROWING BUTTERNUT SQUASH, TOMATOES, AND BROCCOLI MY SQUASH IS
SMALL AS WELL AS MY TOMATOES. THE BROCCOLI IS JUST STARTING TO FORM
THE FLOWERS. JERRY

What would your parents add to your garden that was easy . Perhaps
some greens or an herb of interest. Seems you have a lot of options
choices .

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
Old 16-06-2010, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
GERALD RIES wrote:

I AM GROWING BUTTERNUT SQUASH, TOMATOES, AND BROCCOLI MY SQUASH IS
SMALL AS WELL AS MY TOMATOES. THE BROCCOLI IS JUST STARTING TO FORM
THE FLOWERS. JERRY

Give the butternut plenty of room, because it is going to take it.
If your broccoli is flowering, cut and eat, immediately.
--
- Billy
Old 16-06-2010, 04:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article 216bcf80-290d-4730-a125-61f9d1129780
@q29g2000vba.googlegroups.com, says...

I AM GROWING BUTTERNUT SQUASH, TOMATOES, AND BROCCOLI MY SQUASH IS
SMALL AS WELL AS MY TOMATOES. THE BROCCOLI IS JUST STARTING TO FORM
THE FLOWERS. JERRY

Hi Jerry,

Turn off your caps lock.

All caps is considered shouting and harder to read than lower case.
Old 16-06-2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
GERALD RIES wrote:

I AM GROWING BUTTERNUT SQUASH, TOMATOES, AND BROCCOLI MY SQUASH IS
SMALL AS WELL AS MY TOMATOES. THE BROCCOLI IS JUST STARTING TO FORM
THE FLOWERS. JERRY

Give the butternut plenty of room, because it is going to take it.
If your broccoli is flowering, cut and eat, immediately.

If broccoli is flowering, is it like... too late, gone like dinner?

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Old 17-06-2010, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Dan L. wrote:
In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
GERALD RIES wrote:

I AM GROWING BUTTERNUT SQUASH, TOMATOES, AND BROCCOLI MY SQUASH IS
SMALL AS WELL AS MY TOMATOES. THE BROCCOLI IS JUST STARTING TO FORM
THE FLOWERS. JERRY

Give the butternut plenty of room, because it is going to take it.
If your broccoli is flowering, cut and eat, immediately.

If broccoli is flowering, is it like... too late, gone like dinner?

It will be less attractive as a vegetable but still edible if you are
hungry.

David

Old 17-06-2010, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Dan L. wrote:

If broccoli is flowering, is it like... too late, gone like
dinner?

It will be less attractive as a vegetable but still edible if
you are
hungry.

the stems are good too,
some people peel them if