Old 25-10-2010, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Talk a little bit about the foraging

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1...-the-da_n_7735
84.html

While walking about in my retiring getting garden I notice a bunch of
fair mushrooms but the offer caused reflection . Later found the above
URL but the rooms are somehow calling me. They are fair and light brown
and in my youth a given for the plate but I now wonder too much.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/
Old 26-10-2010, 05:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1...-the-da_n_7735
84.html

While walking about in my retiring getting garden I notice a bunch of
fair mushrooms but the offer caused reflection . Later found the above
URL but the rooms are somehow calling me. They are fair and light brown
and in my youth a given for the plate but I now wonder too much.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/

Good link. "One of the greatest challenges......is to make high quality food
affordable to everyone." A huge percentage of the populace doesn't realize
how easy that could be. Unfortunately the masses are either uneducated or
just plain lazy to act. Big business slowly leads them to a life of
diabetes, heart disease, etc.. . Business controls a large portion of the
food system and the medical system. They feed on the masses in one way or
another.

I'd like to see your mushrooms, Fall fungal activity is happening here;
blewits, oysters, hen of the woods are happening now here in Appalachia.
Steve

Old 26-10-2010, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

[...]

Just went out and took a some images. I'll see about posting in a few
days. The weather here is balmy 70 F with a high dew point seems
mushrooms like it. I like to trim my dead wood in short sleeves on days
like this.
But it seems folks in Chicago area are getting BAD weather. Not
related but it is the same weather system.

Old 27-10-2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

[...]

Here you go Steve.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2bacjl.jpg

Old 27-10-2010, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Steve Peek" wrote:

[...]

Looks like genus Collybia species perhaps acervata. For some reason the
photo wouldn't fully load, but an ID from a photo is at best a good guess.
Thanks for sharing,
Steve