Old 01-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Japanese tomatoes?

I have been getting "Japanese" tomatoes at a local framers' market. They
are very good. I took some seeds and planted them in my hydroponics
greenhouse. I just had the first ones. They were better than the ones I
bought in the first place. My guess is that they just get better nutrition
than soil grown tomatoes.

These tomatoes are pinkish rather than red when ripe. I wonder how well they
will propagate. Pollenation in the greenhouse is not a well controlled
operation. I would be happy to buy seed if that would give me a better
chance of getting better tomatoes reliably. If you know, please let me know
where such seeds can be obtained.

Bill

Old 10-05-2003, 05:44 AM
KM

On Thu, 01 May 2003 03:53:42 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

I have been getting "Japanese" tomatoes at a local framers' market. They
are very good. I took some seeds and planted them in my hydroponics
greenhouse. I just had the first ones. They were better than the ones I
bought in the first place. My guess is that they just get better nutrition
than soil grown tomatoes.

These tomatoes are pinkish rather than red when ripe. I wonder how well they
will propagate. Pollenation in the greenhouse is not a well controlled
operation. I would be happy to buy seed if that would give me a better
chance of getting better tomatoes reliably. If you know, please let me know
where such seeds can be obtained.

Bill

You migth also try a nice cherry called "Sweet Quartz" which is of
Japanese origin.