Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-02-2011, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default When do you plant garlic?

I am interested in the practice of growing garlic, I mean real garlic not
elephant garlic etc. Around here some have planted already (late summer)
and others will not plant for more than a month (autumn). There are
commercial offerings of "seed" which say plant also in spring but that also
says 16-20 weeks to maturity.

I will be planting in a few weeks about the equinox and expect to harvest in
spring about 24-26 weeks away. This works very well for me being in the
southern hemisphere (so it grows though winter) in a warm temperate climate,
about zone 9b.

So if you actually grow garlic (compared with reading about it) when do
plant and harvest? What is the relationship to your seasons? What is your
climate like?

David

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
What should you plant after garlic? James Edible Gardening 13 11-12-2005 08:45 PM
Growing Zones Was: when do you harvest garlic? Steve Calvin Edible Gardening 0 06-04-2004 09:15 PM
when do you harvest garlic? Norma J. Briggs Edible Gardening 26 26-03-2004 12:03 AM
when do you harvest garlic? Norma J. Briggs Edible Gardening 0 06-03-2004 12:39 AM