Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-03-2011, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Worth discussing Gunner's PDF from Linda Chalker-Scott

http://www.theinformedgardener.com

I for one was brought up with the idea that burning bones was a good
addition to the garden soil. This evolved into a Tablespoon per bulb
bone meal with a dash of dried blood.
The garden myths section is a good read. Good for newbies and good
for us set in our ways. Wonder why or how to do garden tasks is laid
out in an organized manner. I'd love to see the same organization
concerning traditional ways.
I read the PDF lightly as old dogs have a hard time changing and I'm
not sure she addresses issues I value like wood chips which I work in my
way.
Myths btw are the way people hand down information of value according
to Joseph Campbell.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden