Old 29-04-2013, 01:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default wood ashes

"songbird" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
songbird wrote:

ok, you haven't ever used them by digging
them in?

No. I usually water after I've applied them though. It tends to be
seasonal task here - mostly spring and autumn.

ok. thanks.

how is your gardening season shaping up?

At this time of the year we are deep into autumn so all the usual veg that
is affected by frost is done and dusted. It wasn't a great year for
tomatoes as it just didnt' get hot enough for long enough - we got aobut 1
week of really good hot stuff and then the temps bounced back and forth too
much to give a decent result for the heat lovers. I did eventually get
the rockmelons (cantaloup) to harvest but more heat would have been better
there too.

But the autumn her is lovley - prolly not as good as some of the pics of
parts of the US would indicate,b ut long balmy days whn it's chilly forst
thign and then as the day warms up you wonder why you put on some of the
thermals to wrok outside. Lucky we live in a place where no-one can see me
as I strip off an outer layer sometimes to work in my
vest/singlet/undershirt thermal thingo.