Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-07-2013, 03:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Now Picking

Right now I am picking tomatoes, eggplant. cukes and bell peppers.

The tomatoes are pitiful but I am getting a few each day. The peppers
are getting up to a good size and thick skin. Will see what is on the
inside soon. The eggplants are the long thin type. Now have 3 so
will probably fix them for supper tonight. The cukes look don't look
very happy. Think I will put a couple of seeds in one of the boxes
and see what happens. I took cuttings from 3 tomato plants, started
rooting them in a glass of water and set them into one of the boxes
yesterday. See what happens.

Actually this is a nice change from the years that I had so many
veggies that I was running like a chicken with my head cut off for
most of the summer trying to get them all put put in some fashion.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

mushroom picking Pankaj Chopra North Carolina 3 16-06-2003 01:20 AM
picking a small tree James Texas 6 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
picking a small tree in Austin Texas James Lawns 1 19-03-2003 12:44 AM
picking a small tree James Texas 6 16-03-2003 11:56 PM
Need help picking a grass Angie Gardening 3 04-03-2003 03:39 PM