Old 29-10-2014, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default OT Begonias OT

Does anybody here cultivate them ? We have 2 planter boxes 1x1x3 feet
with 3 nice plants in each . I read yesterday that they're considered
perennials , and I'd like to try to keep these alive ... If I had somewhere
inside to keep them I would , but there's just not room here . I do have
materials , and could build a hot box of sorts on the SE or SW side of the
house if moderating cold temps will help . Just an acceleration of plans ,
I will be building those hot boxes anyway for spring seedlings.

--
Snag

Old 29-10-2014, 06:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 08:04:25 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Does anybody here cultivate them ? We have 2 planter boxes 1x1x3 feet
with 3 nice plants in each . I read yesterday that they're considered
perennials , and I'd like to try to keep these alive ... If I had somewhere
inside to keep them I would , but there's just not room here . I do have
materials , and could build a hot box of sorts on the SE or SW side of the
house if moderating cold temps will help . Just an acceleration of plans ,
I will be building those hot boxes anyway for spring seedlings.

What kind of begonias are they? Makes a diff.

Boron
Old 29-10-2014, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Does anybody here cultivate them ? We have 2 planter boxes 1x1x3
feet with 3 nice plants in each . I read yesterday that they're
considered perennials , and I'd like to try to keep these alive ...
If I had somewhere inside to keep them I would , but there's just
not room here . I do have materials , and could build a hot box of
sorts on the SE or SW side of the house if moderating cold temps
will help . Just an acceleration of plans , I will be building
those hot boxes anyway for spring seedlings.

What kind of begonias are they? Makes a diff.

Boron

I'm not certain , but I think they're the waxy leaf kind . I can post a pic
on my photobucket site if that would help . The leaves are kind of reddish ,
flowers are pink , white , and red .

--
Snag

Old 29-10-2014, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Does anybody here cultivate them ? We have 2 planter boxes 1x1x3
feet with 3 nice plants in each . I read yesterday that they're
considered perennials , and I'd like to try to keep these alive ...
If I had somewhere inside to keep them I would , but there's just
not room here . I do have materials , and could build a hot box of
sorts on the SE or SW side of the house if moderating cold temps
will help . Just an acceleration of plans , I will be building
those hot boxes anyway for spring seedlings.

What kind of begonias are they? Makes a diff.

Boron

I'm not certain , but I think they're the waxy leaf kind . I can post a pic
on my photobucket site if that would help . The leaves are kind of reddish ,
flowers are pink , white , and red .

Easiest thing is try to find your type of begonia online, then do a
fast Google for "Over wintering XXX begonias."

I advise this as it was not more than a week ago I was looking for an
alternative or two form my tuberous begonias which have been so
gorgeous this year.

Boron

Tuberless Begonias Fleemo Gardening 1 04-12-2003 10:02 PM
Something in my yard loves begonias.. William McHarg Gardening 0 14-04-2003 03:08 AM
begonias Sabaa Mundia Gardening 0 14-04-2003 12:56 AM
growing begonias miklol United Kingdom 2 22-01-2003 07:58 PM
Begonias Chunky United Kingdom 0 28-09-2002 07:42 PM