Old 22-02-2015, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default resisting temptation

Terry Coombs wrote:
What kind of bean ?

several, i didn't write them down, one wax/yellow bean
that had a mottled brownish seed (couldn't quite tell
the color of the seeds from the package). another was
a purple podded bean of some sort. others too, i just
had to get out of there...

We actually I , but ... grew Kentucky Wonder last
year , but decided we don't particularly like the flavor . This year we're
... going to grow some Blue Lake , since that's the most common AFAIK
canned bean on the grocery shelf . Hey , the flavor you're used to might be
the best one to grow for home canning .

Blue Lake is very common and it works for most
people well enough that they don't ever grow any
others.

On a side note , my seedlings are doing great 'maters and peppers except
the Anaheims and Jalapenos , both of which I've reseeded in new containers
because the first planting didn't germinate after 3 weeks . Might need more
patience ...

might need more heat below.

songbird

Temptation for the Scottishurglers Sue Begg United Kingdom 3 15-01-2008 03:42 PM
Paph Temptation Gene Schurg Orchids 4 29-07-2007 02:49 PM
Temptation Corn FDR Edible Gardening 5 08-04-2005 12:39 PM
resisting the temptation Mike Roses 6 02-03-2004 10:03 PM