Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Charles P

Default Garden a disaster this year!

Mah taters never came up at all, gotta replant, we'll see if it's too
late in the season now. Woodchucks and coons ate up all of my beans,
cabbage, and brocolli. Crows ruined half of my corn. I'm in the
city surrounded by 12 acres of woods, police dept is 2 blocks away and
I can't shoot anything. I bought a big trap, caught two coons, but
something's still eating my plants.

Ya'll think you've got problems?

Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
WCD

I had similar problems with a hungry woodchuck in a garden in suburban
Connecticut.

I finally solved the problem by setting up a machine-gun nest of
sandbags on the roof of my house. I set up a high powered rifle on a
tripod with a silencer and a night-vision scope. Everything is
camouflaged in black so I can't be spotted from the air. I set rolls of
concertina wire around the garden to slow down any intruder's approach.

The nights are pretty long and its hard to stay awake at work the next
day, but at least my garden is safe!! I may have to find someone to pull
guard duty every other night so I can get some sleep. I just need to
find somebody who can be trusted not to fall asleep and miss something!

Your mileage may vary.

Old 17-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Craig

I simply buried anti-personnel mine around mine (and let my wife do the
harvesting)! :-)
Craig

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither

Concerned with the direction our government
is going? VOTE LIBERTARIAN