Old 12-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Geez! Tomato Hornworms

In article QdmPa.622$zy.84@fed1read06, wrote:

Eileen
One of the chicks found one this a.m. Don't know how he ended up in the
chicken yard, but he certainly regretted it. They played keep-away with it
for a while till Blanche, Jr. hid and gobbled. Such a feast.
I havent' seen any on my maters this year. Odd.
Roz
az usa

I've been turning off the Scarecrow in the mornings so the (wild)
turkeys can get into the garden and, hopefully eat the hornworms and
other pests. So far, we have lots fewer caterpillars than last year.
But, of course, they have several months yet to come and multiply.
I found one hornworm yesterday. Ugh. What I really hate is when I
don't see one and accidentally touch it and then realize it is too soft
to be a tomato vine. Eeeeeeeeew! The turkeys just love a stroll in the
gardens. LOL.