Old 04-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Frogleg

Default Tomato certificate

In my area, "ripe tomtoes by the 4th of July" is a standard. This
morning, 4th of July, I picked and ate 2 ripe 'Jellybean' tomatoes.
Not absolutely sure of designation, as they just appear to be regular
1" cherry tomatoes to me. I bought the plant -- didn't raise from my
own seed. Anyhow, I have passed the test and can relax for the rest
of the season. :-)
Old 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Noydb

Frogleg wrote:

In my area, "ripe tomtoes by the 4th of July" is a standard. This
morning, 4th of July, I picked and ate 2 ripe 'Jellybean' tomatoes.
Not absolutely sure of designation, as they just appear to be regular
1" cherry tomatoes to me. I bought the plant -- didn't raise from my
own seed. Anyhow, I have passed the test and can relax for the rest
of the season. :-)

Where are you located?

Bill

Old 06-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Frogleg

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:45:38 -0400, Noydb
wrote:

Frogleg wrote:

In my area, "ripe tomtoes by the 4th of July" is a standard. This
morning, 4th of July, I picked and ate 2 ripe 'Jellybean' tomatoes.
Not absolutely sure of designation, as they just appear to be regular
1" cherry tomatoes to me. I bought the plant -- didn't raise from my
own seed. Anyhow, I have passed the test and can relax for the rest
of the season. :-)

Where are you located?

SE Virginia -- Tidewater. I always thought it was USDA zone 8, but it
seems to have slid to 7-something. Official(!) last frost date is Apr.
15 and many here consider May 1 the appropriate date for setting out
tomatoes. It was a cold, wet spring -- the cold retarded growth and
plentiful rain seems to have spurred a lot of plants into extravagent
growth. These are, as I said, small tomatoes. But red-ripe on Friday,
so I qualify. :-)
Old 10-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Noydb

wrote:

Frogleg wrote:

In my area, "ripe tomtoes by the 4th of July" is a standard. This
morning, 4th of July, I picked and ate 2 ripe 'Jellybean' tomatoes.
Not absolutely sure of designation, as they just appear to be regular
1" cherry tomatoes to me. I bought the plant -- didn't raise from my
own seed. Anyhow, I have passed the test and can relax for the rest
of the season. :-)

Where are you located?

SE Virginia -- Tidewater.

Okay ... I'm up here in Detroit and ripe ones by the Fourth is a rare
occurence for us.

Bill

--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)