Old 06-07-2003, 10:56 AM
samuel l crowe

Default OT Salsa

Yes, zxcvbob I wish you would post the recipe for the pressure canned
salsa.
I pressure can everything I can. except jellies.
About 500 total.
--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

Old 07-07-2003, 02:41 AM
zxcvbob

samuel l crowe wrote:
Yes, zxcvbob I wish you would post the recipe for the pressure canned
salsa.
I pressure can everything I can. except jellies.
About 500 total.
--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

Here ya go. You might want to add a little vinegar or lemon juice if the
onions are too sweet:

Bob's Texican Picante Sauce

8 qt. cored, peeled, chopped tomatoes
2 cups chopped jalapeno peppers
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped seranno peppers
4 tsp salt
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (optional)

You can substitute any kind of green peppers for the jalapeno and
seranno to make the sauce more or less hot. You can even substitute
chopped celery or grated carrots or more onion for part of the peppers.
But do not exceed 3 1/2 cups total low-acid vegetables.

Combine all ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring to prevent
scorching. Use the can of commercial tomato sauce if your tomatoes are
overly juicy; it is not necessary if you use paste tomatoes like Roma,
San Marzano, Viva Italia, etc. Adjust seasonings to taste (you can add
vinegar, lemon or lime juice, more salt, chili powder, sugar (yuck),
"lemon pepper", etc. Do not increase the amount of peppers or onions.

Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Adjust caps; process
at 10 or 11 pounds pressure 15 minutes for pints or 20 minutes for
quarts. Yields about 7 quarts.

Best regards,
Bob

Old 07-07-2003, 02:41 AM
samuel l crowe

thanks Bob I will try it.

--
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
samuel l crowe wrote:
Yes, zxcvbob I wish you would post the recipe for the pressure canned
salsa.
I pressure can everything I can. except jellies.
About 500 total.
--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

Here ya go. You might want to add a little vinegar or lemon juice if the
onions are too sweet:

Zucchini Salsa Recipe Needed Josh Edible Gardening 1 26-08-2005 11:51 AM
New Salsa Verde Recipe urbanChiles Edible Gardening 19 08-03-2005 07:22 PM
Salsa Scruffy Dog Texas 2 15-06-2004 12:05 AM
Tomatillo Recipes - 1 Pasta Sauce & 2 Salsa Verde EV Edible Gardening 2 07-10-2003 01:27 AM
OT Salsa samuel l crowe Edible Gardening 7 07-07-2003 04:47 AM