Old 18-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Dennis

Default Squash Rot

Help,

I've always had success with squash, but the this year and last I've had
problems with the fruits getting about half mature and the ends start
to rot until the whole fruit is withered and rotten. Any Ideas?

Dennis

Old 18-07-2003, 06:12 PM
John DeBoo

Dennis wrote:
Help,

I've always had success with squash, but the this year and last I've had
problems with the fruits getting about half mature and the ends start
to rot until the whole fruit is withered and rotten. Any Ideas?

Dennis

If the fruit is semi mature, maybe 6" long, as opposed to being an
inch or so long(new) then the end turns color ans wilts and it
slowly takes over the entire fruit, its likely squash bugs. Hose
down your plants for around 6 seconds or so with water, especially
the base of the plant, then look to see if those little suckers come
running up the stems. They dislike water bigtime! I hose mine down
daily and catch & crush them that way, plus looking for their little
egg clusters on the underside of the leaves or stems.
WARNING: when you crush them the definatley STINK, thus their other
name, stink bugs.

Squash stem root rot Terry Coombs Edible Gardening 3 07-07-2014 07:32 PM
Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash! goldtech Gardening 10 12-04-2013 01:16 PM
rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 08:56 PM
Zucchini Squash Vine Rot Photos Dale Gardening 0 03-07-2004 05:02 PM
root rot bb Orchids 4 08-02-2003 01:49 PM