Old 22-07-2003, 11:08 PM
George

Default Hokkaido Squash

I planted seeds saved from a green (with light stripes) Hokkaido squash.
This was the tastiest sweet squash we have ever had. Do any of you know
if this is a hybrid? I'm wondering what this planting will produce.
Also, I see red/orange Hokkaidos on the net. Do they have a different
flavor from the green? E-mail if you wish. George (in Colorado)

Old 23-07-2003, 04:42 AM
Dwayne

I planted them once and didn't get anything. Maybe I should try again. If
you keep the seed pure, you should be able to produce your own seed. I have
allowed squash to cross pollinate, and their seeds grew squash the next
year.

I don't know why you are seeing different color Hokkaido squash, the ones I
have seen were as you described. I spent two years in Hokkaido, and thought
I would give them a try. Now that you have said that they are very good, I
might try them again.

(What part of CO. We lived in Ft Collins for nearly 18 years)

Dwayne

"George" wrote in message
I planted seeds saved from a green (with light stripes) Hokkaido squash.
This was the tastiest sweet squash we have ever had. Do any of you know
if this is a hybrid? I'm wondering what this planting will produce.
Also, I see red/orange Hokkaidos on the net. Do they have a different
flavor from the green? E-mail if you wish. George (in Colorado)

Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash! goldtech Gardening 10 12-04-2013 01:16 PM
Butternut Squash Natalie United Kingdom 30 17-05-2003 10:44 AM
Squash growing Jayne Edible Gardening 6 10-05-2003 06:32 PM
Maclura pomifera (osage orange) dispersal (was squash dispersal) David Hershey Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM
squash dispersal Monique Reed Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM