Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Guppy21014

Default domestic dischord about importance of weeding

My roommate says weeding is not a requirement of a good garden. I on the other
hand can't find the plants due to the very healthy weeds surrounding everything
else. I am not much of a gardener (but I am the designated harvester) and I
thought I would check out my possible incorrect thoughts about weeds. 1)
Weeds take needed rain away from the vegetble plants. 2) Weeds will steal the
nutriants in the soil away from the vegetable plants. 3) Just mowing between
the rows does not benefit the vegetble plants as much as pulling the weeds. 4)
Mulching with newspaper or something like that would be beneficial. Anyway
any opinions regarding the Zen of weeding your vegetable garden would be
appreciated. TIA