Old 21-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Default My Felcos arrived

After consulting the folks on this NG I ordered a set of Felco #7
pruners, holster for same , and a small folding saw.
After dinner I went out and gave them a try.
First I opened the crown on a couple of small apple trees, then cut back
a cherry tree that was shading one of my favorite apples, and followed
up by trimming back some unruly grapes.
What a nice set of pruners. These are the ones with the "rotating
handle" and they work just fine. I had been concerned that they would
pose a problem for left handed use; fortunately that worry was unfounded.
I have no doubt that I will be using these tools for some time to come.
I have no affiliation with: http://www.felcostore.com/pruners.jsp
but their price and service was really great.
Thanks to all for your input.
Ken.

Old 21-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Jim W

Kenneth D. Schillinger wrote:

After consulting the folks on this NG I ordered a set of Felco #7
pruners, holster for same , and a small folding saw.
After dinner I went out and gave them a try.
First I opened the crown on a couple of small apple trees, then cut back
a cherry tree that was shading one of my favorite apples, and followed
up by trimming back some unruly grapes.
What a nice set of pruners. These are the ones with the "rotating
handle" and they work just fine. I had been concerned that they would
pose a problem for left handed use; fortunately that worry was unfounded.
I have no doubt that I will be using these tools for some time to come.
I have no affiliation with: http://www.felcostore.com/pruners.jsp
but their price and service was really great.
Thanks to all for your input.
Ken.

Congrats.. Look after them and keep em clean and sharp and you will get
a lifetime of service out of them.. And don't forget that you can get
spares easily. Most common things are losing the spring (I did this and
got a replacement packet of 2 for about 5USD) or damaging the blade
(ususally by inappropriate use or accidental dropping!-)

Enjoy this professional tool!..
//
Jim
North London, England, UK

Aaaah ... Felcos. Roger Hunt United Kingdom 6 03-05-2007 09:41 PM
Fork and Spade order arrived torgo Roses 1 06-05-2003 03:32 PM
John Cabot arrived! Kim Roses 1 24-04-2003 08:20 PM
Spring has definately arrived in our garden subbykins{Chrd} United Kingdom 1 30-03-2003 11:20 PM
Shumway order arrived Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 2 30-03-2003 07:20 PM