Old 12-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Philip

Default Corn question

I've got a question, I've been having a bit of a problem getting my corn to
actually create full cobs, last year the yield was low, this year the yield
was non-existant, and I hand fertilized. The thing is, as I pulled the corn
out this week I found what looks like white sand in and around the roots, it
has the rough texture of ground up cement. Anyone out there run into this
before? I'm thinking that the corn issue has more to do with the depth of
the raised bed, at 8 inches I'm pretty sure that the roots aren't getting
down far enough, even though there is ground and not cement or plastic below
it.

Thanks
Philip