Old 22-09-2003, 05:22 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default FW: Install internet update from the M$ Corporation

"stefano mazza" wrote:

MS Consumer, here is a virus please open and infect your PC.

I wonder if this is a truly stupid/annoying person or a virus has now
been written to walk through all newsgroups posting itself. This one
appears to be posting alphabetically, 10 groups at a time.

rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,
rec.games.video.atari,
rec.games.video.classic,
rec.games.video.marketplace,
rec.games.video.misc,
rec.games.video.nintendo,
rec.games.video.sega,
rec.games.video.sony,
rec.gardens.bamboo,
rec.gardens.edible
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener
Old 22-09-2003, 05:32 PM
DigitalVinyl

"stefano mazza" wrote:

The VIRUS is Worm.Automat.AHB, w32.swen @ mm, Gibe

None of the descriptions mention it doing NNTP postings. This may be
a more recent mutation. Something that may be flooding newsgroups in
the next few weeks(oh joy!). It doesn't ID a newsreader like Outlook,
so it is less likely to be a person is manually posting this. It may
make its own NNTP posts, like so many virii setup their own SMTP
mailer.

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...er&hcName=swen
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...dyn/42036.html

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)