Old 08-02-2003, 03:56 AM

Default "Artifical" lighting -- Any successes?

I don't really care about Martha, I'm waiting for Bernie Ebbers and
Scott Sullivan [Worldcom] to get thrown in jail for 50 or 60 years.

Don't hold your breath.

I am not saying she should not be prosecuted for any crimes she did---
if indeed she did. But I just find it ironic that the main focus in
this huge nest of corporate rip-off artists turned to Stewart while the
Enron crew and the rest of the "good 'ol boys" are apparently getting
off scott free.

Err, the worldcom guys were indicted; Martha has not been, and the net
is full of rumors that she will not be
http://www.seclaw.com/publish/whatsnew.htm
Old 08-02-2003, 05:31 AM
zxcvbob

wrote:

I don't really care about Martha, I'm waiting for Bernie Ebbers and
Scott Sullivan [Worldcom] to get thrown in jail for 50 or 60 years.

Don't hold your breath.

I am not saying she should not be prosecuted for any crimes she did---
if indeed she did. But I just find it ironic that the main focus in
this huge nest of corporate rip-off artists turned to Stewart while the
Enron crew and the rest of the "good 'ol boys" are apparently getting
off scott free.

Err, the worldcom guys were indicted; Martha has not been, and the net
is full of rumors that she will not be
http://www.seclaw.com/publish/whatsnew.htm

AFAIK, Bernie Ebbers has *not* been indicted. If Sedgemore had called
in Bernie's $400M "loan", Worldcom would not have had to default on its
loan payment which sent the company spiralling into bankruptcy. Of
course, it may have missed its loan payments 3 months later...

At this point, Worldcom needs to be liquidated. If it is allowed to
come out of chapter 11 debt free, it will be rewarded for its
shinanigans by getting a competative advantage over AT&T, Sprint, etc.
who did not break the law. The only way the other telecom companies
will be able to compete is to contrive their own filing for chapter 11
protection so they can steal from their equity holders to offset their
debts.

How did we get from lighting into this?

Best regards,
Bob