Old 24-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Wacko!

Default Mantis tiller

Steve:

It seems most folks don't consider gas stabilizer, but I'm quite sure it has
really helped me also. My days of tough starts in the spring seem to be
over.

In late summer/early fall, I just start adding it to my main gasoline can
before I go to the gas station to fill it. Mixes in really well that way.
Then I just keep up with the chores, and the stabilizer is in all the carbs
at the end of the season.

Great for occasional use items like the Mantis, and also chainsaws.

Cya! Wacko

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
As for starting it: I've had mine for about 5 years and haven't had a
problem.
I push the primer "button" 4 times. put it on full choke and pull. The
first time it "spits" like it wants to start, turn the choke off and it
should start right up.

For winters, I add gas stabilizer to the gas and run it enough so that I
know the stabilized gas has filled the float bowl. Then I make sure that
the tank is full and put it away. Never had a problem.

--
Steve

Old 24-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Steve Calvin

Wacko! wrote:
Steve:

It seems most folks don't consider gas stabilizer, but I'm quite sure it has
really helped me also. My days of tough starts in the spring seem to be
over.

In late summer/early fall, I just start adding it to my main gasoline can
before I go to the gas station to fill it. Mixes in really well that way.
Then I just keep up with the chores, and the stabilizer is in all the carbs
at the end of the season.

Great for occasional use items like the Mantis, and also chainsaws.

Cya! Wacko

Yup, I put it in the mantis, motorcycle, lawnmower, Vette, weedwacker,
chainsaw,
and run it all winter in the snowblower and I've never had a problem
with starting in the spring.

--
Steve

Mantis Tiller ruth todd Gardening 12 08-02-2004 06:22 PM
Mantis Tiller Low compression Joseph A. Zupko Lawns 0 07-07-2003 10:33 PM
I chose Mantis tiller--here's why Siouxzi North Carolina 1 22-04-2003 11:08 PM
Mantis tiller experience? Ed United Kingdom 2 09-02-2003 11:13 PM
Mantis tiller/cultivator Doreen Taylor United Kingdom 3 30-01-2003 07:36 PM