Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-02-2004, 04:43 AM
dkra

Default Rose Quartz tomato

x-no-archive: yes

A few years ago I ordered and grew Rose Quartz and Pink Odoriko tomatoes
from Shepherd's Garden Seeds. The plants grew healthy and lush (they were
in containers), had plenty of water and sun, but succumbed to wilt just as
they were beginning to bloom, so I never had a chance to taste their
promised wonderful fruit.

Both varieties were described by Shepherd's as Japanese hybrids.

This year I've found a source for Odoriko seeds (two sources, in fact) but
am not sure about Rose Quartz. Tomatofest.com sells a "Rose Quartz" which
it has not labeled as an heirloom, but hasn't described it as a hybrid
either. Tomatogrowers.com has a "Sweet Quartz" (described as a Japanese
hybrid) which might be the same thing as the original Rose Quartz ("Pink
cherry tomatoes the color of rose quartz are as delightful to taste as
they are to look at.").

At any rate, has anyone here grown Rose Quartz, and could you please let
me know of your experience with it?

Thanks in advance.

-- dkra