Old 21-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Jay Stalman

Default Backpack sprayers for apple orchard

I have an orchard with old, tall apple trees, some 35 feet high. We
are gradually pruning them back, but severe pruning over the last few
years has limited our crop, together with alternating drought and
excessive rain. I also have apple scab. Anyway, I need a powerful
sprayer to spray up over the canopy of leaves, with
insecticide/fungicide. Some backpack sprayers go up to 180 psi others
90 psi. Some say a lower pressure gives a larger droplet size and
less dispersion. Some pumps are diaphragmatic, others are different.
I'm confused. Any recommendations welcome. Also if anyone can
recommend a product for apple scab I'd appreciate it.
Jay

solo backpack sprayer--cleaning out inlet screen??? coyotefred Roses 7 20-04-2011 10:06 PM
Orchard - Orchard-South-2.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 27-05-2009 09:46 AM
Backpack Leaf Blower... Chris Lawns 5 02-11-2006 11:48 AM
solo backpack sprayer--cleaning out inlet screen??? coyotefred Gardening 6 15-04-2004 04:32 AM
Garden Backpack Blowers advice Richard Kerry United Kingdom 19 01-12-2003 11:42 AM