Old 13-05-2004, 03:03 PM
lbbss

Default Does Brush-B-Gone Kill grass? Wild Violets.

I am trying to kill wild violets that are taking over the lawn. The
instruction mention that it could kill my grass, but other post I read on
the news groups say it ok to spray on the grass. Anyone tried it before
on their grass?

Old 13-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Vox Humana

"lbbss" wrote in message
I am trying to kill wild violets that are taking over the lawn. The
instruction mention that it could kill my grass, but other post I read on
the news groups say it ok to spray on the grass. Anyone tried it before
on their grass?

You need to read the directions. Looking at Ortho's page on this product it
clearly states not to use it for weed control on lawns.

Old 13-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Linda Barsalou

Ortho's Weed B Gone works fine on violets and it won't kill
your grass. Also, I would think any weed 'n feed type of
grass fertilizer would work too and make your grass look
better in the process.

Linda

Old 13-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Roy

On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:58:06 -0400, Linda Barsalou
wrote:

===Ortho's Weed B Gone works fine on violets and it won't kill
===your grass. Also, I would think any weed 'n feed type of
===grass fertilizer would work too and make your grass look
===better in the process.
===
===Linda
===
===
===lbbss wrote:
===
=== I am trying to kill wild violets that are taking over the lawn. The
=== instruction mention that it could kill my grass, but other post I read on
=== the news groups say it ok to spray on the grass. Anyone tried it before
=== on their grass?

I found a place that reclaims unclaimed and damaged materials and they
have a huge loading dock packed full of huge hoppers of Scotts Weed &
Feed. Was told to load some up and haul it away as its going to be
dumped before the summer is up and its not worth the price to recycle
and repackage it all................Best I know its been there for
close to two years now. The oter rows of hoppers h=gaot wet from rain
but the majority of it is still granular and perfectly good. Thing is
if I killed all my weeds in my lawn I would not have much green
left.......so I guess on some folks thoughts I'm a moron..........oh
yea, I used to get concerned with moss etc growing inmy lawn, but got
used to it as well, andI think it adds somewhat of a different look,
it does not require cutting, keeps me out of mud, and its green!
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 13-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Frogleg

wrote:

lbbss wrote:

I am trying to kill wild violets that are taking over the lawn.

Ortho's Weed B Gone works fine on violets and it won't kill
your grass.

Brush-B-Gon and Weed-B-Gon are two different animals. The Brush-B-Gon
label states clearly not to use it near grass or plants you want to
preserve.

Weed-B-Gon is a broadleaf weedkiller that ought to take out the
violets (and any other broadleaf plant) without damaging grass. Much.

Old 19-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Vox Humana

"Linda Barsalou" wrote in message
Ortho's Weed B Gone works fine on violets and it won't kill
your grass. Also, I would think any weed 'n feed type of
grass fertilizer would work too and make your grass look
better in the process.

Linda

Just for clarity, the OP was talking about BRUSH B GONE.