Old 11-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Jackee

Default Lettuce Question

Hi everyone!
This is my first year gardening, and I have a beautiful crop of lettuce
growing! Grand Rapid, Romaine and Mesclun. Just wondering proper
harvesting guidelines. I know it needs to come out, I have heard you cut it
right at the base and more should come back, is that correct? Please advise.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:03 PM
nutNhoney

Jackee wrote:

Hi everyone!
This is my first year gardening, and I have a beautiful crop of lettuce
growing! Grand Rapid, Romaine and Mesclun. Just wondering proper
harvesting guidelines. I know it needs to come out, I have heard you cut it
right at the base and more should come back, is that correct? Please advise.

I just cut what I need near low on the stem and leave the rest of the
plant growing to produce more. I'm growing grand rapid, mesclun, corn
salad, and bristo mix. Bristo mix is similar to mesclun but with less
variety.
Old 14-06-2004, 05:08 AM
Jackee

Thanks for the input, we had a wonderful buttercruch and mesclin salad
tonight!!!

"Jackee" not available wrote in message
Hi everyone!
This is my first year gardening, and I have a beautiful crop of lettuce
growing! Grand Rapid, Romaine and Mesclun. Just wondering proper
harvesting guidelines. I know it needs to come out, I have heard you cut

it
right at the base and more should come back, is that correct? Please

advise.

Lettuce - Lettuce 1a (Small).jpg (1/1) [email protected] Garden Photos 2 17-01-2018 04:48 PM
Lettuce - Lettuce 1a (Small).jpg (0/1) [email protected] Garden Photos 0 20-12-2015 08:10 PM
Lettuce: really basic question Lynn Coffelt Edible Gardening 5 13-05-2006 06:45 PM
Bibb lettuce question Tom Gardening 1 25-04-2006 11:16 PM
Question about growing lettuce Diane M Edible Gardening 4 18-10-2005 04:55 PM