Old 14-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Registered User

Location: allendale, michigan usa
Default Rhubarb Lover !!!

As early as i can remember, as the snow would recede from my grandparents backyard, one of the first signs of something poping from the ground would be these red things toped with green before i was even sure what the names of the colors were.

My mommy and grandpa would say wait 'till next week kirk and then carefully cut one off so as not to hurt the root stock and let me bite the "red" part telling me first "NEVER" eat the "green" NO NO NO!!!

WOW i would pucker! woooooooeeeeeee! they would laugh and so would i. ha ha hooooo. i would wait a week or two and give the red part to my sister, mishie... ha ha heeeee!!