Old 22-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Danny Byrne

Default Sickly garlic

I have some oriental garlic coming on..well manured bed, full sun, good
watering once a week, planted in autumn and winter weather is 20c during the
day and about 8-10c at night...I have to admit that I could have watered it
too much when first planted and soil held moisture pretty well

Some of the smaller plants are yellowing off a bit and falling over at the
soil level....definitely too young to pick...could anyone give some advice
please? My other garlic in similar situations is thriving like a house on
fire...

Thinking of adding more compost and mulch around the young stems or building
up with mushroom compost...but will hold off in case of wise advice in
advance...

Thanks so much

Danny

Sickly Silver Birch (SSB) Betella Penduls PendletonPR United Kingdom 2 28-07-2003 06:13 PM
helping a sickly, spindly Clematis peter Gardening 4 11-07-2003 11:56 PM
sickly looking habanero MOO112 Gardening 15 13-06-2003 12:32 PM
sickly looking azaleas Jane Gardening 1 10-04-2003 08:56 PM
Do These plants look sickly? Cowboy Gardening 7 07-03-2003 06:56 PM