Old 16-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Rod

Default Can Citrus be cloned?

I have come across a wonderful tasting orange and would like to have a
go at taking a cutting of this. Does anyone know if this is possible
or recommended, if so maybe some links to "best practices" when it
come to cloning citrus.
TIA
Rod
Old 29-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
I have come across a wonderful tasting orange and would like to have a
go at taking a cutting of this. Does anyone know if this is possible
or recommended, if so maybe some links to "best practices" when it
come to cloning citrus.
TIA
Rod
cloning a citrus tree is hard to do. I would recommend buying another citrus tree.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 AM
Registered User

I would disagree there. Citrus are easy to root in my opinion. I would use a rooting hormone but I know plenty who don't even bother with that - just stick it in soil, put a clear bag over it and wait 6-8 weeks. I'm not sure on the best method, but I know removing a lot of the leaves is the best idea, and I have read some who remove all of the leaves if the cutting is from newer growth.