Old 22-08-2004, 01:04 PM
rdoiron

Default Today's the day we celebrate

Yep, it's finally he International Kitchen Garden Day!

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/kitchengardenday.html

Hope you'll get out in your garden to celebrate.
Old 22-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Katra

In article ,
(rdoiron) wrote:

Yep, it's finally he International Kitchen Garden Day!

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/kitchengardenday.html

Hope you'll get out in your garden to celebrate.

I've already been out there this morning... ;-)
Ate a bit of raw asparagus snapped right out of the garden,
and a few cherry tomatoes right off the vine.

As for cooking something that is local cuisine, I'm not
really in the mood for Tex-mex today. :-P

I just got a duck out of the freezer that I picked up at the Thai store
a couple of weeks ago. Duck is much cheaper there than at the regular
grocery store! I'm going to cut it up and fry it like chicken instead
of roasting it... And I have some nice fresh swiss chard and asparagus
beans to steam to go along with!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 22-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Craig Watts

Yep, it's finally he International Kitchen Garden Day!

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/kitchengardenday.html

Yup, we'll be canning all day after picking all morning. Going to make
about 10 pints of Scotch Bonnet sause from the 20 lds. of Habaneros we
picked. Thanks for the heads up.

Hope you'll get out in your garden to celebrate.

Old 22-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Gary

(rdoiron) wrote:

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/kitchengardenday.html

Hope you'll get out in your garden to celebrate.

I may sink out of sight after the recent rains, but I'll do it anyway.
Reminds me of "Slow Food," another thing that I admire greatly.

Now all I need is "Less Food..."

Peace,

Nice day today jOhN Texas 0 28-02-2005 03:56 AM
Had a real nice day today at the garden center.. Tom Randy Gardening 0 27-02-2005 01:19 AM
Good day today J.D. Stone Ponds 3 14-04-2003 06:56 PM