Old 16-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Bill Velek

Default Newbie - introduction

Greetings. I'm new here, unless I might have posted so many years ago
that I can't remember.

Been vegetable gardening off and on over the past 30 years or so,
depending on when I've had the time; some years I didn't grow anything,
and others I grew more than we could handle. I have a rear-tine tiller,
and a large garden that is fenced in because we have no leash law to
keep dogs from getting in there and making a mess. My garden has been
about 1800 square feet for the past several years, but I recently
decided to increase it's size dramatically, so I've taken down the fence
on one side and have been tilling up the soil to enlarge it to about
twice it's size. I'm sick of just mowing grass there when I can have
something growing that I can use. I might plant it all in watermelon
and use them to make watermelon wine. We already grow more than we use
of otherstuff, freezing and canning a lot when we have time.

Anyway, I just thought I'd start hanging out here a bit to see what I
can learn. I'm going to really try to plan my garden better this year,
and try to start a lot of plants myself from seed. I live in central
Arkansas.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
--
NOTE: To fight spam, emails from yahoo.com, hotmail.com, and gmail.com
are filtered out unless cleared by me; past correspondents and posts

Old 16-11-2004, 09:37 PM
TQ

welcome. kinda quiet this time of year. hope you stick around till spring.

Old 16-11-2004, 09:37 PM
TQ

welcome. kinda quiet this time of year. hope you stick around till spring.

Old 17-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Bill Velek

TQ wrote:

welcome. kinda quiet this time of year. hope you stick around till spring.

Thanks. I will, but probably won't be doing much more than just lurking.

Cheers.

Bill Velek

Newbie - introduction Bill Velek Edible Gardening 0 16-11-2004 06:10 PM
New to Group--Introduction and questions (long) Marilee Edible Gardening 22 30-08-2003 04:23 AM
[IBC] Introduction Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 26-06-2003 08:20 PM
Introduction d Bonsai 0 26-06-2003 06:56 AM
Introduction & Shallot pronoun United Kingdom 2 25-01-2003 03:33 PM