Old 26-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Coffee is a good source of nitrogen?

Bill said:

I was just sitting here thinking that coffee grounds are a good source of
nitrogen. At least that is what I have read and believe. So then the
question arises in my mind...how/when/what/why? Or is it where? No, I
think-Why?
Is it a good source of nitrogen before or after the cup?
Is it a good source of nitrogen composted?
Will I get a good supply of nitrogen by throwing it on my garden?
Who says coffee is a good source of nitrogen?

Well, used coffee grounds have a carbon-to-nitrogen ratio of 20-1, which
makes it a 'green' element in composting.

Nutrient analysis and other info from Starbucks:

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/com...ookie%5Ftest=1

(attributed to Don Marti)