Old 23-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Jack Allen

Default Inactivity

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Old 23-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Brigitte

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Snowed here all day...

Old 23-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Jack Allen" wrote:

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

lol Patience my dear!
It's not quite spring in a LOT of the US just yet!

First part of April, maybe....... :-)

It's been more active this week than it's been all winter!
So what do you want to talk about?
I've been eating a LOT of home grown chard lately.

I need to take pics. G

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Old 23-03-2005, 12:46 PM
The Cook

"Jack Allen" wrote:

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

So where are you located and what are you doing right now? Maybe
everyone is busy getting the garden area ready to plant and does not
have time to post.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

Old 23-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Steve Calvin

Brigitte wrote:

"Jack Allen" wrote in message

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Snowed here all day...

6-10" of that white crap projected here for tonight. :-(

--
Steve
Old 23-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:27:27 -0500, "Jack Allen"
wrote:

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

I *am* awake, I'm just busy planting seeds and turning soil and
watching every degee that the themometer changes.

The weather might warm up any second, now!

Penelope

Old 23-03-2005, 03:25 PM
r m watkin

Hi All,
I have had to change my access provider because they no longer support news
groups due to it being un economic to do so. all so I believe A. O. L. have
unplugged their news severs, so I am lead to belive that news groups will
eventually die. any one care to comment on the situation.

Richard M. Watkin.

Old 23-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Claire Petersky

"r m watkin" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have had to change my access provider because they no longer support

news
groups due to it being un economic to do so. all so I believe A. O. L.

have
unplugged their news severs, so I am lead to belive that news groups will
eventually die. any one care to comment on the situation.

I am using a free news server, sunsite.dk. See: http://news.sunsite.dk/. If
you have a windows machine, you probably have Outlook Express, which can
function as a newsreader. They have step-by-step instructions on how to
configure OE so you can read news.

Sunsite doesn't carry binaries, but unless you're into
alt.binaries.erotica.green-peppers or something, this should not be a
problem. All your regular text-based newsgroups should be there. And if
they're not -- they very kindly added alt.pets.guinea-pigs when I requested
it.

The death of Usenet has been predicted for years. Go google old threads in
news.groups for the discussion.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
See the books I've set free at:

Old 23-03-2005, 04:00 PM
omi

Jack Allen wrote:
I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Planted sweet corn, squash, muskmelons, green onions and tomato & marigold
transplants over a month ago. tomatoes in bloom since about 2 weeks ago.
Plan to set out pepper plants and eggplant today.

Squash is blooming - bees all over it.

Citrus trees are blooming - very aromatic.

Used to have about 2 dozen goldfinches at our two thistle feeders but we are
now down to 6 regulars. Others probably migrated to cooler climes.

Birds are nesting.

Deciduous trees are leafing out.

Lots happening here.

Olin, UDSA Zone 9b.

Old 23-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Mike

Jack Allen wrote:
I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Got the ground broke. Ready to start. Now it's raining and 39 degrees.
Kind of kills the spirit.
Old 23-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Jack Allen

Okay,

Below is my original post.

This year I'd like to again try planting scallions from seed. The last time
I put some medium in a tray, then the seed and then more medium. This is
okay until it comes time to sow the little plants. Can someone recommend a
good system of planting. I have medical problems that make it difficult for
me to bend over for any length of time. I would appreciate any and all
answers.

"garpal" wrote in message
On 3/22/05 6:27 PM, in article , "Jack
Allen" wrote:

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey
everybody---
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Jack
What is it that you would like to talk about/discuss? Start a thread
and
many of us will contribute.
Gary

Old 23-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Jack Allen

I just planted about 180 feet of peas. I'm starting to get the greenhouse
cleaned up so I can start some seeds.

Old 23-03-2005, 10:21 PM
GA Pinhead

I got the other half of the garden tilled this weekend. Planted
cilantro and spinach for a cover crop. Just in time for the rain
yesterday. Feb planted stuff is coming up.

Transplanted habs last night to bigger pots.

Not edible but on the dogs walk just now, the Tillium and Bloodroot are
blooming. It really IS spring!

John!