Old 28-03-2005, 07:23 AM
BenGman

Default Keeping ladybugs in garden

Is there a way to keep my lady bugs in the garden after they eat all
the aphids? Can they eat pollen? if so, what kind? What other pests
do they eat besides aphids. Can i make a house for them to stay in? I
really need help, i'm an newbie at gardening.

Old 28-03-2005, 09:20 PM
simy1

BenGman wrote:
Is there a way to keep my lady bugs in the garden after they eat all
the aphids? Can they eat pollen? if so, what kind? What other

pests
do they eat besides aphids. Can i make a house for them to stay in?

really need help, i'm an newbie at gardening.

in my location (Michigan) aphids develop only during that time when the
ladybugs are already in the garage and the aphids still outside (late
october). Otherwise they clean up. Flowers are plentiful around here,
so they can find some alternate source of food once they finish the
aphids. I make a point of scraping thousands of ladybugs off the garage
windows every april after hibernation and releasing them outside. it
sure works.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

So that is why I had ladybugs everywhere in my garage and my screen in porch this year. I kept taking them outside and putting them in the garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simy1

Neem oil and ladybugs JimS. Roses 1 02-06-2003 06:44 AM
What do baby ladybugs look like? GamePlayer No. 1058 Roses 3 27-05-2003 03:44 AM
DONT ever buy ladybugs!! Tomatolord North Carolina 0 17-05-2003 02:08 AM
Ladybugs for Mealie control Gene Schurg Orchids 24 01-04-2003 05:08 PM
funny you should mention that... Ladybugs for Mealie control Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 1 30-03-2003 04:56 AM