Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Kate Gilbert

Default Need help , very bad ......

We have something digging holes. ( big ones , like a big dog might ) It
digs all over the yard and garden. Just here and there. Even has started
in the flower beds now. LAst night it dug so deep around a telephone
pole, He could dig up out of the ground , at this rate. We live in
south Texas. A neighbor said, he had a similar problem last year . It
was an armadillo. His dog got it, and he shot another. We have never
seen one around. Really, seen nothing that could dig , like this. I
first thought a coyote maybe. But have decided that wouldn't be likely.
This darn thing has started to visit almost every night. My husband
thinks he'll try to sit outside and shoot it. I don't want an armadillo
shot. There aren't many anymore as it is. Does anyone have any idea what
we are dealing with? Can any of you suggest a way we might trap it? Are
maybe ( hopefully ) discourage it ? I have tried sprinkling red pepper
and mothballs. I really think it ate the mothballs. They disappeared in
a day are two. No rain , in the meanwhile.