Old 01-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Serendipity

Default Brussel Sprouts ?

Last year my brussel sprouts were a disaster. I followed all the
instructions and ended up pulling up the plants after the frost
Granted, it was a bad growing year here last year so a few things didn't
do well. The brussel sprout plants looked healthy, the little heads
started forming, and that was it. They take up a lot of space though.
Any tips for getting good production? TIA
Old 04-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Dwayne

Where are you located? I used to live in the South and couldn't get it to
do anything, then we moved to Kansas and I did better, but nothing like I
saw in Michigan.

When did you plant them and did they have plenty of time to produce, but
just didn't? Fall crops seem to do better than spring crops, but you need
to have them planted by June for a fall crop (at least here you do). Find
out from your local extension office when they recommend you put them in the
ground. I have trouble find them, so I have to start my own from seeds.

Frost doesnt hurt them. A hard freeze indicates the time to pull them out
of the ground. My wife was still cutting them off after the second or third
frost (they were small but edible).

Let us know how you did this year.

Dwayne

Old 09-04-2005, 01:47 PM
James F. Mayer

"More than 50% of Australians are dumber than rocks."
Trevor Wilson 18 February 2005
"Dwayne" wrote in message
[...]

I live in Tampa, Fl. and mine grew fine last year and the ones that I
have growing now are doing even better. Maybe it is the soil?

brussel sprouts blooming but no edible sprouts ncstockguy Gardening 2 26-04-2006 04:26 PM
brussel sprouts blooming but no edible sprouts ncstockguy North Carolina 1 20-04-2006 11:45 PM
small green worms on my brussel sprouts I & H Prees Edible Gardening 5 14-07-2004 08:06 PM
brussel sprouts D. Helderman Gardening 5 28-06-2003 03:56 AM
Cause of "dirty" brussel Sprouts John Towill United Kingdom 10 17-12-2002 08:36 PM