Old 03-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Martin McCaffery

Default Bolting Broccoli

In Montgomery AL

My broccoli is bolting. Should I just clip of the bolted shoots and hope
for the best, keep gathering side shoots or give up for the season?

This is my first year of gardening, so experimenting with several plants
and locations. Appears too much sun and too much heat made the broccoli
bolt. How do you determine how much Full Sun is too much Full Sun? Trial
and error?

Martin

--
Martin McCaffery
Director
Old 03-05-2005, 03:35 PM
simy1

Plant in the summer for fall harvest. Even in Michigan, I have given up
spring planting certain fast bolting vegetables, such as arugula and
tatsoi, both related to brassicas.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:51 PM
John Dickson

You may have planed it at the wrong time. I would be inclined to let it
produce fresh seed for next year and plant it in a cooler season.
JD
"Martin McCaffery" wrote in message
In Montgomery AL

My broccoli is bolting. Should I just clip of the bolted shoots and hope
for the best, keep gathering side shoots or give up for the season?

This is my first year of gardening, so experimenting with several plants
and locations. Appears too much sun and too much heat made the broccoli
bolt. How do you determine how much Full Sun is too much Full Sun? Trial
and error?

Martin

--
Martin McCaffery
Director
Capri Theatre
Montgomery, AL

Bolting broccoli and bok choy Persephone Gardening 7 09-04-2007 11:40 PM
Rocket bolting early and is very holey. Davemar United Kingdom 5 11-06-2004 09:44 AM
Onions Bolting Jeannie United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 09:28 AM
Rocket bolting early and is very holey. Davemar United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 08:53 AM
Onions Bolting Jeannie United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 08:25 AM