Old 10-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Yeeesssssss.....

contented sigh

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more
than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not
gonna think about it.

There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"
Old 10-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

contented sigh

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more
than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not
gonna think about it.

There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.

Penelope

I'm jealous! I have little green tomatoes here. It will be at least
another month.

sigh

You are a lucky girl!

marcella
Old 10-06-2005, 02:29 AM
FDR

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

contented sigh

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more
than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not
gonna think about it.

There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.

Penelope

I'm jealous! I have little green tomatoes here. It will be at least
another month.

I don't even have flowers yet......

sigh

You are a lucky girl!

marcella

Old 10-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Steve Calvin

FDR wrote:

I don't even have flowers yet......

Zone 5b here in Poughkeepsie, New York and I'm not a head of ya by much.
I have flowers but no little 'maters yet.

--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Steve Calvin

Steve Calvin wrote:

FDR wrote:

I don't even have flowers yet......

Zone 5b here in Poughkeepsie, New York and I'm not a head of ya by much.
I have flowers but no little 'maters yet.

oh, but I forgot... my garlic plants have scaped! :-D

Old 10-06-2005, 06:47 AM
Katra

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

contented sigh

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more
than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not
gonna think about it.

There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.

Penelope

I'm jealous! I have little green tomatoes here. It will be at least
another month.

I don't even have flowers yet......

I started picking a few in March...
but those were from an experimental vine
planted in the greenhouse in a 3 gallon pot
last November, so I cheated. G
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 PM
The Cook

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

contented sigh

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more
than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not
gonna think about it.

There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.

Penelope

Probably another week until the cherry type tomatoes are ready. The
squash has started producing and the bees have found it. I picked one
eight ball and one regular zucchini for supper tonight. I will saute
it with home grown onion and garlic. Also sprinkle a bit of Italian
Seasoning on it.

I also discovered how far winter squash can spread. Next year we will
plan for more space around them. The peas are on their last legs.
Will plant pole Romanos in their place.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 PM
David

Steve Calvin wrote:

FDR wrote:

I don't even have flowers yet......

Zone 5b here in Poughkeepsie, New York and I'm not a head of ya by much.
I have flowers but no little 'maters yet.

Central Florida, Zone 9B here and Tomato season is over. Picked the last
two just the other day and they are small laggards. It's too hot to grow
them here over the summer. Will plant the next batch come labor day.

David

Old 11-06-2005, 05:37 AM
Steve

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
contented sigh

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more
than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not
gonna think about it................................

discontented sigh

I just planted my tomato plants in the garden last weekend.

I am thinking about how I got them in a week earlier than I have in a
few years.
:-(

Steve
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered User

Location: Arkansas
Red face

My tomato plants just have flowers on them. but then I did get them in later than usual.

Even the volunteer tomato plants still just have flowers on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Periwinkle