Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
John H.

Default yet another CO2 question

I believe the is regulator functioning properly and not leaking. I am
beginning to see what effects Co2 has upon the pH. After getting my CO2
working again, the pH dropped from 7.5 to 6.5. This is having it run
24hr/day for 2 days. 65 gal tank. kH is 6.

I am keeping 3 Discus and 1 fairly mean Angel, 24 cardinal tetra, a
plec(8"), 2 clown loached, 2 Octinilus?sp, one of those albino looking corys
and of course plants.

This pH seem a bit low? For these fish I was going for a pH around 7. Should
I try and titrate the Co2 bubbles per second down to acheive this with the
CO2 tank running 24 hours/day?
Or whould it be better just to attached the power cord of the regulator to
the timer running my lights?

It seem logical to me that keeping it running 24hrs at a lower rate would
keep the pH more constant with less
swings as compared to hooking it up to a timer?

Arnt there devices that measure pH and automatically adjust your CO2? Are
they worth the cost? I would imagine they are not cheap.
thanks