Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Elaine T

TR wrote:
Thanks for the links Elaine! Lots of ideas... I'm definetely going with a
DIY hood, and putting in a 2 to 4 bulb T8 lighting.
Boy, that Takashi Amano doesn't mince words with his comments does he?

Heh. Takashi Amano set the standard for modern aquascaping. I don't
think he needs to. ;-)

Yes, I know who he is, and I'm not one to disagree with him!
I just got a chuckle reading his sometimes one liner comments juxtaposed
with the more verbose comments from the other judges.

I got a chuckle from his comments too. I wonder if some of it is
fluency in English? Short comments might be easier.

Anyway, I hope the tank works out well!

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 11-08-2005, 10:55 PM
KStringer

Am I correct in that if you add more watts, and don't provide sufficient CO2, then algae becomes a problem?

Yes, if you have one element (light, C02, nutrients) out of alignment
or more than the others, the excess can trigger algae blooms.

I'm in the process of setting up a 200G acrylic tank (which has cost me
a fricken fortune so far) and plan to inject CO2. Best of luck with
your tank!

-Kevin

Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 PM
wes

Oops, my mistake. Yes, 2 40 watt, 48" bulbs per fixture... so 80 watts
per fixture.

Thanks,
Wes